A Surprise Trip

Rensain Caladore

A Surprise Trip

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm

*Rensain stood in the main common room of the beach house wearing clothes as if he was going on a trip rather than his office clothing. Black pants with a long billowing silk shirt. His hair was tied neatly, as always with a silk black ribbon. Standing there and admiring the view of the ocean from his window, he had his hands behind his back comfortably. He Mind Linked Amarra.*

"I have something I would like to show you, my dear. Join me in the common room when you are able. Make sure you are wearing something to travel in."

Amarra

Re: A Surprise Trip

Post by Amarra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 pm

~Amarra sits in the library, snuggled comfortably into an armchair with her legs resting on an ottoman, a large tome propped up on her rounded belly and a notebook and pencil on a small table beside her, filled with notes. She is so involved in her reading that Rensain's mindlink startles her, and she fumbles with the book for a moment to keep from dropping it. With a smile at her clumsiness, she closes the book and sets it on top of her notebook, then returns the mindlink.~

"I will be down shortly, my love."

~She sets her feet back on the floor and braces her hands against the chair's arm rests, then, with only minor difficulty, heaves herself to her feet. With a glance down at herself, she decides what she's wearing should be good enough for traveling.

Her long hair is pulled back into an elaborate braid, crowing her head and draping down her back. Her dress is loose and comfortable, a light sea green with accents of off-white, not a formal gown but still presentable. Her belly is quite prominent, unable to be hidden even if she'd tried.

She leaves the library, closing the door behind her, and makes her way down the hall, carefully taking the steps downstairs, to meet Rensain in her favorite room of the house. After a brief pause to take in the view of the ocean, she reaches up to plant a kiss on his cheek.~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:26 pm

"There is no rush, it can wait if you are sleeping. I didn't mean to disturb you."

*Rensain narrowed his eyes in deep thought at the ocean and gazed out at the weather and the pattern of the crashing waves against the rocks and sand. He was measuring the safety of his plans. The maid disturbed his thoughts as she brought Lilly into the room all bundled and ready for travel. He smiled to see his daughter, taking the little girl into his arms and greeting her with a kiss on the cheek.

As Amarra enters the main common room he glances up and smiles admirably drinking in the vision of her beauty before him. Rensains eyes cast to her well made gown and further to the roundness of her stomach a reminder of what there was to look forward to in the future.. He leaned slightly to let her kiss him on the side of his face.*

"Ah, there you are. You look wonderful as always, my dear. I had thoughts today for us to go for a ride on a boat. If you think you might be able to manage it? If not, we can have just as pleasant day inside."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

~Amarra reaches for Lilly with a wide grin and hugs her tightly, but gently. Her affection for the child is genuine, and obvious, as she strokes Lilly's hair and kisses her forehead.~

There's my little Seahorse! Look at you, all ready to go. Excited? Me too.

~She turns back to Rensain with a warm smile and a teasing tone.~

I'm pregnant, not ill. A boat ride sounds lovely. It's a perfect day for it as long as we keep this little one nice and warm. Though... I didn't know you had a boat.

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:11 pm

*Rensain smiled and let Lilly's outstretched arms move to Amarra since that was what his daughter wanted. When Lilly embraced Amarra he stood nearby and offered his arm to her so that he could lead her out of the main common room and towards the main foyer corridor and the double door exit.*

"I think Lilly is very excited to be doing something different. I thought we might go and explore the ocean and and enjoy some fresh air, it might be good for you and our child."

*Taking her arm as she handled Lilly, he laughed lightly at Amarra's comment about being pregnant and not ill.*

"I am over protective, that is all. I told the Queen I would take very good care of you and I meant it. If you don't feel well, I would do my best to understand given the circumstances that you are pregnant. As for the comment about me owning a boat. Well, I do..but I do not own the one we are using for today's travel."

*He let the servants open the doors to the home so that they could step outside onto the sunshine and almost the sandy beach. Walking with Amarra, he began to head towards the pier where he knew the boat was obviously docked - a large luxury sailing ship that was brand new. The varnish of it smelt fresh.*

"I present to you, The Seastar"

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 pm

~Amarra hefts Lilly on her hip, slightly more of a challenge with her protruding belly but still manageable, and lets Rensain lead her outside.~

You take very good care of me, my love. I'm sure even the queen would be satisfied. But I promise, I feel fine.

~Her statement is punctuated with a loud hiccup that gently bounces Lilly. Amarra sighs softly and steps out onto the sand, breathing in the sea air. The sight of the boat catches her attention immediately and she stops, gasping.~

Rensain! What did you do? It's beautiful!

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 pm

*Rensain reaches for Lilly so that she doesn't become too heavy for Amarra to hold and keeps the little girl on his hip. He smiled and nodded as she mentioned that he took good care of her.*

"Well good, I'm pleased you think I do take good care of you."

*The gentleman elf stood there and looked at the boat and laughed at Amarra's excited reaction to what he had done and why it was there. Clearing his throat he explained.*

"I thought you might like it. I had one designed and commissioned. The interior fabric and color palate matches that of our beach house. It's yours, my dear. A gift for you. Would you like to see the inside? Let's go on board."