Dinner with the Queen

Amarra

Dinner with the Queen

Post by Amarra » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:30 pm

~Amarra stands before the mirror in the bedroom, making sure her appearance is appropriate. She can't help feeling nervous. This is the first time she's lived outside the palace since she started her service to the queen, and the first time she'll be hosting anyone, let alone the queen herself. True, Queen Bathory is her friend, but she respects her no less for that.

She carefully smooths every wrinkle from her gown, a deep blue with embroidered swirls of black, in honor of Rensain. It's of a modest cut with small freshwater pearls around the collar and as accents across the bodice, which is form fitting but not too tight. Her hair is pulled back in intricate braiding, also dotted with pearls.

She nods to herself and smiles, running a hand over her belly. She is obviously pregnant, though not yet very large. Turning from the mirror, she crosses the bedroom and steps out into the hall, then down to the main hall to await their guest. She knows the staff will have everything ready for dinner, so she resists a tremendous urge to go check on things to make sure. Instead she folds her hands in front of her and looks around for Rensain.~

Rensain Caladore

Re: Dinner with the Queen

Post by Rensain Caladore » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:01 pm

*Rensain stands at the long mirror in the main foyer. He checks his appearance, formal gentleman, very briefly, having checked it before he had come from the master suite. This evening would be a special one, and with that thought he smiled. Adjusting his cravat just slightly to the left, finally, he moves away from the mirror.

A staff member catches Rensain's attention and he stops him to remind them of the orders for the dinner menu. He directs them to make sure the staff are prepared for each course and that everything in the orooms are clean and tidy should the Queen want to stay as a guest for the evening.

Pulling out a pocket watch, he glances upwards at the hallway to see if Amarra was ready, his other hand settling for his suit pocket. Seeing her silhouette, appear caused a warm smile reserved for Amarra only. She took his breath away. His hand came to his chest as if to brace himself.*

"My dear, you look divine. The Queen should be here any minute."

Ava Bathory

Post by Ava Bathory » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Ava usually liked to be fashionably late but curiosity had gotten the better of her on this occasion. She opened the portal from the Merridia palace throne room into the main entrance of the big Draco Beach House. The portal would begin effortlessly, the wind picking up around her as she stepped through it and onto the other side. Ava was dressed formally for the evening with a burgundy red and gold corseted dress that almost dragged along the ground. Stepping onto inside of the main hallway, she see's Rensain and Amarra already standing there. Closing the portal first, waiting for it to be gone, she gasps at the way her friend looks pregnant, and second, to see her in such nice gowns. Ava moved to embrace them both.

"Lady Amarra! Lord Rensain! What a pleasant invitation from you both! I can't believe your home has been built so quickly..."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:26 pm

~Amarra starts to answer Rensain, but she notices a portal opening and steps quickly aside. As the queen comes through, she curtsies deeply, then smiles warmly and returns her embrace.~

My lady, I'm so glad you came! Welcome to our home. Please, make yourself at home here. I couldn't believe how quickly it was built, either. Rensain designed it himself, did you know? It's perfect!

~She beams, obviously proud of their house and of Rensain himself. ~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:34 pm

*Rensain straightens the moment he catches the portal starting to open against the wall. He puts his hand behind his back and takes a formal stance next to Amarra. The second she is on the other side and the portal closed, Rensain grants the Queen a flourished formal bow that Whitewolf himself might have been proud of. With a smile of welcome, he lets both ladies speak first.*

"Indeed, Your Majesty. It is wonderful to have you here in person. Do come through into our common room for light refreshments. Our dinner will be served shortly. Yes, I paid extra to ensure the building was ready before Amarra has her child."

Ava Bathory

Post by Ava Bathory » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:57 pm

The Queen of Aegis smiled as she embraced Amarra and left formalities for a moment. She glanced around the room quickly, drinking in the grandiose house. It caused another audible gasp, the queen bringing a gloved hand up to her mouth at the sheer beauty of the property. Turning to Amarra first, Ava smiled.

"My goodness, you look so happy, dear. Has Rensain been looking after you?"

Then she turned to Rensain because he was being such a gracious host and looped her arm through his.

"Yes, let's walk to the common room quickly so that we can catch up on all the Aegis gossip..."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm

~Amarra grins and glances at Rensain, then looks back to the queen. She still marvels at the house herself, so the queen's reaction to it just reminds her again of how beautiful it is. It still amazes her that she actually lives here, with him.~

Oh yes, my Lady. He takes very good care of me.

~Instinctively, she falls into step behind the queen as they discuss going to the common room. It's her favorite room in the house, and she's very excited to show it off. She had dreamed of this room before the house had even begun being built, and Rensain had built it for her, just as she'd described.~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:27 pm

*Rensain smiled, patting Ava's hand that was looped through his arm as they walked. He gestured ahead to the servant to get the drinks and light snacks ready for the main room*

"I assure you, all of Lady Amarra's needs are met here. The house is fully staffed with many amenities such as a pool. The views across to the beach are rather enviable, Your Majesty. Please follow me as I guide you through, I designed and planned the house myself."

*Walking through the hallways with the Queen of Aegis, he paused at the main common room double doors and gestured for the Queen of Aegis to step inside first.*

"After you, my Queen."

Ava Bathory

Post by Ava Bathory » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:42 pm

She playfully squeezed Rensain's arm as the three of them walked down the hall together. The Queen's emerald eyes shone as she glanced around at the furniture and the artwork on the walls. Every inch of the house was nothing but opulence and the Queen wondered exactly how much Rensain was getting paid to afford it all. Ava wondered why Vlad hadn't built her a new home. She lifted the hem of her dress and walked into the comfortable looking common room. She gasped again, looking at the marvelous fireplace and the views from the windows.

"This is quite something, Rensain. You must be very proud of your work. What an ideal location? Right next to the beach...so lovely."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:59 pm

He certainly has an eye for architecture. I'm constantly finding beautiful details around the house that I haven't seen yet. I wonder if I'll ever see everything!

~Amarra steps up beside Rensain and gestures to the sofas and armchairs facing the windows at an angle.~

Would you care to take a seat, my Lady? The furnishings are as comfortable as the house is beautiful.