The Ballroom

Rensain Caladore

The Ballroom

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm

*The portal whirled open from the Draco Beach House and Rensain stepped out from there to the Thunderlands Estate, specifically the empty ballroom. He used magic to light the sconces and candles allowing the ballroom to flash bright with light and glow. His hand reached out for Amarra through the portal to allow her into the room.*

"This is a good place to start..."

Amarra

Re: The Ballroom

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:24 pm

~Amarra steps through into the ballroom. She turns in place to look around at the room, empty except for the two of them, and laughs. When she'd asked him to teach her to dance, she wasn't sure she'd meant right away, but why not? She is both delighted and nervous.~

Do you have so little regard for your toes, my love?

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:31 pm

*Rensain watched for Amarra's reaction as she stepped through the portal and realized where she now was. His eyes flashed with happiness and amusement as she laughed. He took her hand and lead her into the center of the room. Despite the vast big room, the lights set an intimate and cozy glow. A small smile danced on his lips and he chuckled as she mentioned his regard for toes.*

"No time like the present, my dear."

*Stepping in closer to Amarra so that their forms are closer her took her hands up as one might a dance partner, straightening his back. Glancing down he whispered into her ear.*

"You won't have to do anything, I'll lead. You follow."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:57 pm

I'd follow you anywhere.

~Amarra's voice is teasing, to cover her nerves, though she does mean what she says. She is acutely aware of the closeness of their bodies and smiles just a bit.

She stands a little stiffly, uncertain, with her head down and her eyes locked on the hem of her gown, determined not to trip. She finds his elegance slightly intimidating for once, in this skill that is pure elegance.~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm

*Rensain caught her words about following him anywhere and for a split second he paused in his actions. It made his heart sing to hear her say it. His voice was deep and alluring as he smiled deliciously.*

"You would? Anywhere? Careful, my dear, I might lead you to the bedroom.."

*Then, he moved, pushing forward only with his chest and the very basic movement of his feet. Amarra would find he was gently guiding through the use of his body, the steps very very easy as he slowly began, without music, along the side of the ballroom, staying within the confines of the dance floor.*

"Count in your head. It's a basic waltz. We go "1-2-3" then start over with the same set of steps. I have you...I won't let you fall or fail."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:39 pm

If you don't, I will. But later, I'm busy.

~She glances up at him and smirks, then looks back down at their feet. As he moves, she allows herself to move with him, awkwardly, trying to match her footsteps to his. She is far from graceful, her movements stiff and hesitant. She counts asking with him under her breath.~

One two three...

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm

*Amarra and her comment about leading him to the bedroom made him glance down and smirk at her. Rensain pulled her in closer with his arm cupped around her waist. The other hand squeezing hers reassuringly as they moved at an easy and comfortable pace. He spoke out loud, simply counting the steps as he moved. Dancing was a second nature to him.*

"I-2-3 - See? Not so bad, is it?"

*He didn't change or complicate the instructions. He kept everything the same, guiding around the ballroom.*

"Now...count in your head as we move..."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:59 pm

~She feels a moment of mind panic when he pulls her closer to him. She can't see their feet between them as well to be able to watch her footing. Biting her lip, she tried to look around beside them, but that doesn't work, only succeeds in making her stumble slightly. She stops in frustration and loss back up at him.~

I can't see where I'm supposed to step.

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 pm

*Rensain paused and listened. He hadn't realized he'd been moving to fast. He let go of her completely to demonstrate the dance step.

"Stand beside me for one moment and watch. This is your three steps. They don't change the whole routine. Mine do -yours don't. Its quite alright...watch me."

*He demonstrated the three step shuffle making sure that she saw.*

"1-2-3"

"You do it. Right here. No holding hands or anything. Simply repeat what I just did, and you can watch your feet as you do it."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:15 pm

~Amarra stands beside him and watches his steps carefully. She nods thoughtfully and repeats his movements a few times where she is, watching herself to make sure she's doing it right. She looks up at him questioningly after a few moments. ~

Like that?