A New Arrangement

Rensain Caladore

A New Arrangement

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm

*Rensain was standing in the middle of the main common room dressed in his usual attire of a smart dark suit. Rensan's obsidian hair was straight and brushed neatly. He cleared his throat and straightened his purple cravet. This meeting meant much to him and he was looking forward to seeing Amarra again. The servants had been ordered to bring teacakes and some fresh tea which were now at the side of the room on a table. Glancing to the time at the nearby grandfather clock he realized the time. Rensain reached out with one hand and gathered magic, very easily opening the portal to Merridia Palace. His hand came out among the swirling winds so that he could help her out through it if necessary.*

Amarra

Re: A New Arrangement

Post by Amarra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:59 pm

~Amarra waits in the Meriddia Palace for the appointed time. Her small trunk is packed and ready. She isn't bringing much since clothing and most everything else is already provided. She paces nervously back and forth. And back, and forth. Her fingers twist themselves in knots.

She has dressed formally today, a full gown of medium blue with tiny clear crystals around the collar and in a swirling pattern down the front of the bodice. Her dark hair is pulled back into intricate braids, held in place by combs adorned with the same clear crystals. Hidden pockets in various places in her skirts hold her usual water bottles, open now as usual.

She stops pacing when the portal opens and freezes on the spot, suddenly uncertain. Is this really a good idea? She knows what she'll be subjecting herself to, and some of it will not be pleasant. But some of it will. She sighs and looks down at her trunks. Her decision has already been made. She takes a deep breath and walks toward the portal, hesitating only a moment before stepping through to the Thunderlands Estate's common room on the other side. She looks at Rensain shyly, not at all sure of what to expect.~

I... have a trunk. It's small but I couldn't carry it. It has books.

~She looks back at the portal.~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:15 pm

*Rensain stands in front of the magic portal as he opened it and no one immediately came through. He took a small gulp, his mind racing that perhaps Amarra had changed her mind about being there with him. Part of him thought about shutting the portal but then suddenly, he see's, much to his relief that she is stepping through and towards him. Stepping to the side, Rensain smiled warmly as he drank in her appearance with approval. He thought she looked beautiful. He liked what she was wearing, and the braid. He leaned in close and kissed her on the side of the cheek.*

"Amarra...welcome to your new home. Don't worry about your things, I'll have them arranged in your new room. Lilly is here, she'll be excited to see you. Please come in and sit down. I have teacakes and tea prepared."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 pm

~His kiss on her cheek startles her, though she's not sure why. She knows very well why she's here. She loves him, that hasn't changed, but somehow she feels nervous, shy, in a way she never has with him before. On one hand she wants to throw her arms around him and hold him right. On the other, she wants to shy away and sit at the opposite side of the room. She isn't sure yet which way she'll go.

Her eyes brighten at the mention of Lilly.~

Lilly is here? I've missed her so much. Is... is she here?

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:53 pm

*Rensain moved his hand to the side of her waist and let his lips brush lightly along the side of her jaw a little longer than perhaps would be considered natural. He took a step back, still smiling down at Amarra and laughed lightly.*

"Of course Lilly is here. I know she'll be delighted to see you when she wakes up from her afternoon nap. I thought that we could sit down and have tea before I send for her?"

*He gestures towards the teacakes and the tea service that had been set up for them.*

"Please come and sit down on the sofa and relax. I even have teacakes. I found the baker that you recommend and paid them extra to make us a priority so that we can get them when we like."

*Rensain paused and spoke reassuringly.*

" It's going to take some getting used to for you, I know, Amarra. There's plenty to enjoy here, you remember our tour. I want you to be comfortable. Nicollette is not here at the moment, no. She's working. I've no idea when she will return."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm

~His simple touch almost makes her cry. She has missed him so desperately. She is disappointed when he backs away, but she can't bring herself to reach for him. Not yet. She walks toward the sofa and sits down at one end, prim and proper, smiling at the teacakes.~

It's well worth the price. It's the best bakery in Meriddia. I'm glad you found it.

~She takes one of the teacakes but doesn't eat it, just holds it in her hand.~

You do have a wonderful home. I ~hiccup~ remember. I suspect I'll be spending a lot of time between the pool and the library.

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm

"Those teacakes smell good. I might have one."

*Rensain strode across to the carefully laid spread of afternoon snacks and helped himself to a plate and a teacake. Slowly, he turned slightly in her direction. He admired how she looked from where he was. Things felt familiar, only fleetingly, and he liked that.*

"Would you like some tea? I can get you a cup."

*He paused and stood there for a few moments.*

"Ah yes, about the library, I have an extra arm chair there for you. You're free to visit the pool or the library any time that you wish. I can be found in my office or sometimes I will sit at the koi pond and contemplate things."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm

I would love some tea, thank you.

~She smiles wistfully at the mention of the armchair. She remembers asking him for an extra one in the library. She's surprised he remembered.~

I know you'll also be in Draco or at the palace in Meriddia sometimes. I'll be at the palace frequently as well. I wouldn't want to bother you when you're working, so I won't come to your offices. And I know you can find me when you need me.

~She smiles again, faintly. Her eyes are on the teacake in her hand, but out of the corner of her eye she watches his every move.~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm

"He walked to the table with the tea on it and placed his plate down so that he could personally pour the tea for her. Picking up the fancy tea cup and saucer, Rensain brought it over to Amarra and smiled again.

"Let me know if there is a certain type of tea you like. If we don't have it, I'll order it."

*Rensain very carefully handed it to her mindful not to drop the small silver tea spoon that was sat neatly on the side.*

"Hmm? I will be in Draco, yes. You're welcome to visit if I open a portal from where you are to my office. I don't mind the company at times and I've said that before if you find yourself bored here or at the palace."

*He moved back to the table to pick up his teacake and his own teacup and saucer. Then, perhaps a little deliberately, Rensain strode across the room and sat in his armchair looking directly at Amarra with a small smirk.*

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:07 pm

~Amarra takes the tea with another small smile and sets it down on the table in front of her to cool. She places the teacake down next to it, knowing she'snot going to eat it right now. Her stomach is in knots.~

Thank you. I haven't found a tea I haven't liked yet, but if I find one here I like better than others, I will ask for it.

~She watches him sit in the armchair and before she realizes it, she laughs, remembering another evening and pillows. The sound surprises her, as if she'd thought she'd never laugh again. Then she hiccups.