Throne Room: The Balcony

Angel

Throne Room: The Balcony

Post by Angel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 am

*Angel watched the guests from the throne room balcony as they walked and enjoyed the gardens below. It was a nice sunny day but she didn't feel as happy as the weather was portraying. Suddenly Angel missed the snow and the comfort that winter could bring or more so, the comfort of the Icehold Garrison. She was leaning against the stone balcony walk and was thinking about what to do next. Her mind was a blurry mess after the news from Vladamir regarding Jaric. Angel felt devastated and didn't know where to turn or how to make it right.*

Amarra

Re: Throne Room: The Balcony

Post by Amarra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 am

~Amarra comes quietly into the throne room from a side door, one of her water bottles in hand and to her lips. She gulps the last of it down and heads for the bar, knowing Queen Bathory isn't in the room at the moment. She takes a jug of water and refills her bottle, slipping it open back into its hidden pocket. From there, she looks around the room, wondering what to do now, since the queen doesn't need her.

She considers walking in the garden but doesn't feel like it today. With a soft sigh, she crosses the room to the balcony to look out, only noticing it's occupied after she has stepped out.~

Oh! Your Majesty. I'm sorry, I didn't see you. I'll leave if you wanted time alone.

Angel

Post by Angel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:30 am

*Angel was so lost in her thoughts that she barely noticed Amarra until Amarra was much closer and finally spoke. She jumped a little no longer leaning on the balcony. Her eyes were still a little misted over and puffy. The Auroran Queen and friend of Amarra made an effort to give a warm smile.*

"Lady Amarra! How are you? No...you're fine, I don't need to be alone. I've already been feeling that way."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:37 am

~She notes her friend's expression, the puffiness of her eyes, and frowns, concerned. She reaches a hand out to touch her arm but stops herself at the last minute, reminding herself that Angel is a queen now and must be treated differently.~

Your Majesty, what's wrong? What can I do?

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:51 am

"What's wrong? Oh...I worry for my husband. I worry for Jaric because I have not heard a word from him and now he is sending all the Auroran Troops home to Aurora from the Icehold Garrison. He has not sent me a personal message...nothing..I need him to say something to me, Amarra. Where is he? Why won't he see me?"

*Angel put her head in her hands so that no one could see her personal distress, trying to hide some tears. She didn't want the Auroran people seeing her so weak but there were no answers.*

"I am to live here, according to Vladamir, if I want to. Otherwise I have no home."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:04 am

~Concern for her friend wins over propriety. She wraps an arm around Angel's shoulders.~

I'm so sorry, Angel. Sorry! Your Majesty. Forgive me.

~She clears her throat, embarrassed by her slip.~

I'm sorry this is happening to you. There must be some reason why King Jaric hasn't contacted you directly. Surely he wouldn't just leave you here unless he had to. But... here is not such a bad place to be, if you have to be stuck somewhere.

~She winces, knowing that didn't come out sounding as comforting as she'd intended.~

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:09 am

*Angel didn't care anymore and she reached out and hugged Amarra back with a sniffle.*

" Please don't worry about formalities on my account.I'm so frightened, Amarra. How can I guide the Auroran people when I do not even know myself what to do? Before Jaric was so...in control and lead the realm. Now..I don't know where he is or why he's not responding to me. I'm worried he's angry with me even if I don't even know what I've done wrong."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:28 am

~Amarra sighs softly, not at all sure how to advise Angel. Seeing her hurting like this, when not so long ago she'd been so happy, breaks her heart.~

I can't imagine every ruler knows what to do all of the time. I've even seen Queen Bathory scared a time or two, though she'd probably deny that if you asked her. You can guide your people because you want what's best for them, and your heart will tell you what that is. One day at a time, things will get better. You'll gain more understanding, and more confidence. If King Jaric didn't think you could do this, he would have made arrangements somehow for someone else to run the kingdom in his absence.

I know you're worried about him, and about everything ahead of you. But things will be okay. You were made for this. I know you were.

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:38 am

*Amarra's words gave Angel comfort and she smiled here and there her blue eyes still misty.*

"I know..you're right, Amarra. It will get better. Things have been getting worse and worse and right now I sit here wondering if it will ever improve again. In my dreams, I see Jaric and he's happy to see me and he comes home. Then I wake up in the Icehold Garrison knowing that it isn't true. The nobles want answers, people want to know where he is. I just tell them he is serving the troops because my biggest fear is that he has fallen to the enemy and he's lying dead somewhere and I'd never know it."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:51 am

Your Majesty, King Jaric is far too stubborn to let an enemy kill him. At the very least, he'd have made sure it was a big spectacle and he single-handedly took down most of their army with him. In which case, you'd know about it. When he comes home of course he will be happy to see you. Until then, you can be here with us. It'll be an extra-long party.

~She smiles, wishing she had the right words.~