Matters to Resolve

Ava Bathory

Matters to Resolve

Post by Ava Bathory » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:35 pm

*Ava Bathory sat at the head of the massive dining table which was going to be used to mediate the meeting that had been arranged between Rensain, Amarra and Nicollette. She wanted a location that was smaller and more private than the throne room where refreshments could be provided for everyone's comfort. Speaking of, her hand came out and she gestured for more red wine - because there could not be enough red wine in her system at any given time. It made her more pleasant.*

Rensain Caladore

Re: Matters to Resolve

Post by Rensain Caladore » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 pm

*Rensain Caladore strode into the dining room and nodded to Her Majesty in acknowledgement. He was dressed in his normal attire of a gentleman's well tailored suit with a velvet black waist coat. He had his cane in the one hand and on this occassion he was not wearing his top hat, only his hair was tied back with dark ribbon. Glancing around the room he notes that the ladies have not arrived yet.*

"Good Evening, Your Majesty. It's a pleasure to see you as always."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:53 pm

~Amarra enters the dining room wearing one of her usual modest gowns in a blue-green color with adornments in silver thread. Her hair is pulled back from her face by plain silver combs and otherwise hangs down her back. Various water bottles are, as always tucked away in hidden pockets in her skirts, but they are all capped for this meeting. She immediately curtsies to Queen Bathory.~

My Lady.

~She looks up at Rensain and manages a small smile. She is very pleased to see him but knows that she must keep her distance, however difficult that may be.~

Nicollette Winterhaven

Post by Nicollette Winterhaven » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:07 am

~ Nicollette approaches from the side of the room dressed as a maid, her hair growing longer as she pours Bathy's red wine, changing from a dull brown to a honey blonde, her figure filling out the simple uniform more and her height increasing by a good two inches. Her eyes shift from a rich brown to a deep green as she once more resembles the woman Amarra met at the ball. She gives the Queen a smirk before settling into her chair next to Rensain~

You know Bathy, some of us work for a living, you could have given me a little more notice before calling me here...I would have had time to dress for the occasion.

Ava Bathory

Post by Ava Bathory » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:20 am

*Ava smiled and glanced up from the dining table as Rensain entered and Amarra not soon after. She beckoned them in with a regal wave of her hand.*

"Lord Rensain, Lady Amarra. It's good to see you both again. Please come in and take a seat at the table. Anywhere here will do. I want us all to be comfortable. There's food and drinks. We're just waiting for Nicollette."

*Ava hardly paid the servant a bit of notice as the wine was poured into her crystal wine glass. Then, Ava casually glanced sideways as she changed form into the Nicollette to which the queen laughed lightly in surprise.*

"Oh! There you are! Forgive the sudden summons, Nicollette. I know you're a busy women but please come and take a seat. It's very important to me that we all have a talk about the recent tensions between you all and clear the air. I want suitable arrangements to be made for Amarra and her child for when it is born."

Nicollette Winterhaven

Post by Nicollette Winterhaven » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:35 am

~ Nicollette looks at Ava with some mild confusion~

I'm sorry, was there some tension between me and Lady Amarra? I haven't spoken to the woman since the ball.

~ She turns to look at Amarra with a slight smile and a raised eyebrow as she pours herself a glass of wine from the bottle she is still holding~

So, what is the tension then dear?

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:50 am

~Amarra watches the servant approach the queen, always protective. She takes a step forward as the woman's features begin to change, worried for Queen Bathory's safety, but on recognizing Lady Nicollette, she relaxes slightly. Only slightly. She is still very much on edge. She takes a seat across the table from Rensain and Lady Nicollette, folding her hands neatly in front of her.

She listens as the queen speaks, and then as Nicollette directs her question at her. A flare of anger rises up in her, but she tamps it carefully down and smiles. Her tone is pleasant and polite.~

Finding the love of your life and father of your child suddenly forced into marriage to another woman would cause anyone tension, I would think, my lady.

Nicollette Winterhaven

Post by Nicollette Winterhaven » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:00 am

~ Nicollette laughs, shaking her head~

Well, at least you're direct. So, the tension is a jealousy issue then, I can understand that. Hells, if I were in your shoes I would have considered doing something stupid like trying to get the Queen to annul the marriage or some such, but it does make me glad to know he at least picked a woman with some sense to carry his child.

Now, since we have established that the tension is on your end, the question becomes, do I need to care about your feelings and if so, how do we make you feel better about a situation that is so far beyond your control.

~ She holds up a hand to stop Amarra from replying to her rhetorical question~

Now, of course I can see where you are coming from dear, as I said, you have handled this relatively well, all things considered. Hells, you are sat down with the man's wife knowing she could kill you before you even got to the water in your pockets to defend yourself. Regardless of that, I am afraid that you are mad at the wrong person in this situation.

~ She sips from her wine glass, smiling at Amarra slightly~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:17 am

*Rensain inhaled deeply and directly looked from both Amarra and Nicollette as the conversations began. He had hoped that both women would be able to see the other's point of view. There were a lot of emotions involved and it bothered him. First he addressed the Queen since she had asked a question of what would happen with the child. He cleared his throat and broke up the conversation. Looking from the Queen to Amarra with a small smile.*

"I care deeply for Amarra and the child. I will not see them out in the streets and I have agreed to emotionally and financially support Amarra throughout her pregnancy. I have offered the Thunderlands as a place for her to stay but thought that perhaps a return to you here, Your Majesty, might be more pleasant, where she has your company until the Beach House is built in Draco for her to stay."

*Rensain looked to Nicollette and smiled.*

"Nicollette, Amarra does not understand fully the reason for our marriage. I've tried explaining it to her before - even going so far as to say you have turned down my proposal before and that there are factors beyond both you and I for why it has occurred. However, I don't regret marrying you, dear. It was the right thing to do for Lilly."

Nicollette Winterhaven

Post by Nicollette Winterhaven » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 am

~ Nicollette pats Renny's leg~

Well then husband, you did a terrible job of explaining it to her, although I think that she would still feel the same regardless. A pregnant woman is a ridiculously emotional creature and I am sure she has absolutely no idea of the complications you faced in the matter. How could she, she has never met the Countess and seen what she is capable of and has no idea of the situation you were in.

No, she has been all too concerned with laying claim to you and playing happy families to realize that there is far more at stake here than her day dreams of a loving happy home with a title and position. She imagined a life of luxury and happiness because that is what she wants, she did not consider for a moment that the position of noble comes with hard decisions that leave some people heart broken.

~ She looks at Amarra with an almost pitying smile~

You have no idea of the sacrifices this man has made or of the predicament he found himself in, nor do you comprehend the fact that this was done as much to protect you as it was to protect Lilly...but you weren't interested in finding out why he married me, because it interfered with your own desires and you did not care what it meant to anyone else involved.

This entire issue is easily resolved in the end. I have no issue with Rensain seeing to you and the child. In fact, I have never had an issue with the idea and explained that to Rensain. I hold no animosity toward you, in fact, I do not know you well enough to judge you as a person at all, and given the things I have done in the last 1500 years, judging is not my thing.

However, you are not suited to raising Lillianna, she is a Winterhaven, there are responsibilities and duties that come with that which you can not prepare her for, and the choice Rensain faced was seeing her taken away from him completely or accepting my offer. So consider this a friendly bit of advice, if you attempt to interfere with me and my family, if you try to put yourself between my husband or daughter and me, I will see to it that you regret the day you drew breath.

I feel that to this point I have been more than generous on the matter, since even your queen would agree that any other woman in my position, with my capabilities, would have just made you disappear.

So, with all of that being said, is there anything you want to add to the discussion, any requests or desires you would like to address before we start establishing guidelines for your part in this relationship?