Dinner with the Queen

Ava Bathory

Re: Dinner with the Queen

Post by Ava Bathory » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:31 pm

Ava released her and stepped back from the embrace between two close friends. She nodded slowly and carefully, tears still there. She moved back to the table to sit down as not to leave Rensain out of the conversation. It was going to be difficult, she thought, to not have Amarra there the way she had always been there.

"This is a new life for you and it will be an adjustment but I am sure you will embrace such a change. Lord Rensain will make sure that you settle in nicely."

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:12 am

"Yes. I have been doing all I can to make sure Amarra feels at home here. People might find it hard to believe but our love for one another is very sincere. That is all will say on the matter. I cannot continue to defend our relationship. We are legally married now and we are both very happy. I know you were Amarra's family, but now she's part of mine. I'm sure you both will always be close."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:23 pm

~Amarra laughs softly at Rensain's comment about people finding it hard to believe. Things had happened so quickly, she doesn't doubt that people will question it. Still, that doesn't matter to her. She touches the ring on her finger and smiles at him.~

People can believe it or not believe it. We know what's true. And so do the people who matter the most to us.

~She nods to the queen and smiles again.~

This is my family now, and I am so glad of it. But you will always be my family, too.

~With a soft clearing of her throat, she picks up her glass of water and drinks most of it down. The little star on her forehead blazes brightly.~

Now. This child of Rensain's is hungry.

Ava Bathory

Post by Ava Bathory » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Ava glanced from both Rensain and Amarra and nodded slowly.

"It's going to hard to get used to. It's still a strange notion to me that you are married and having a child. I'm not accustomed to seeing you with anyone Amarra. However, I'm sure your child will be much loved between the two of you. Do you have a nursery arranged, yet? Better yet, do you know the sex of the baby or do you not want to know?"

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:08 pm

"We do have the nursery room ready, somewhat. No, we don't know the sex of the child either. I don't mind the surprise when Amarra has the baby and I'm hoping for twins. I'm looking to find out. There's no real preference as to what sex - however, since I have Lillianna, I'd like a boy next, but a girl might better be a friend for her. So long as the child is healthy, we won't be able to ask for better than that."

*He chucked a little with a smile and glanced to Amarra, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.*

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:36 pm

~Amarra rests a hand on her belly. Thinking about her baby makes her smile gently. She can feel the tiny bit of water inside her that is the baby, and it leaves her feeling warm and protective.~

I don't care of its a girl or a boy. I didn't even know there was a way to find out. Now I'm curious.

~She laughs softly and shakes her head.~

But if Rensain prefers to wait till the birth, then we will wait. As for twins, those are rare among my people, but Rensain did say they run in his family. I guess we'll find out. The nursery is coming along. We can show you after dinner, if you like. It has to be perfect, and it will be.

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:33 pm

"I think finding out at the birth the sex of the baby will add a nice element of surprise. Although, yes, Amarra, there are ways to find out before the baby is born. Well, some old wives tales. And...as a mage, its something I can do. However, I won't ruin the surprise."

*He reached out squeezed Amarra's hand with a warm smile from his side of the table. He nods in agreement looking back to Ava.*

"Yes, you will love the nursery, Your Majesty. Amarra thinks it's wonderful."