The Ballroom

Rensain Caladore

Re: The Ballroom

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:25 pm

"Exactly like that. Perfect."

*He clapped his hands together.*

"Now you can see the dance steps, you don't have to over worry about what they are or what you're doing. When you're alone, practice those three steps and you'll get better. It's just three of them."

*Rensain moved over and put his hand on hers, and took her waist but there was far more of a gap between them.*

"Remember the steps. 1-2-3. It's exactly what you just did alone. Now we'll do them together."

*He moved forward to begin the dance, doing the three steps and stopping.*

"How did that feel?"

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 pm

~She nods, watching her feet as he moves her and she makes the three steps. She gains a tiny measure of confidence. ~

That's not bad. I can do that, I think.

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 pm

*Rensain smiled as Amarra felt she could do those steps.*

"Soon your body will move automatically and you won't think about doing the steps because they will come naturally to you. With practice, of course. All right..let's start again then. Same steps, nothing more, only we will go around the room once and return to this spot. I'm leading, we will take it slow."

*He straightened his back and held his arm outstretched, keeping Amarra wrapped by the waist. He kept enough of a gap incase she needed to look at her feet.*

"After three, we go. "One..two...three..."

*He began the waltz again, pushing his body forward to give guidence as his own feet did the work. Out loud he counted with her.*

"One..two...three...one..."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:37 pm

~Amarra keeps her eyes plastered to her feet, but she follows along with Rensain without mishap. The steps begin to feel, if not natural, a little more comfortable, like maybe she won't trip after all. As long as she pays attention. Her slight frown of concentration eases into a small smile. She's not entirely convinced she enjoys this activity yet, but she doesn't completely hate it. Of course, she doesn't think she could completely hate anything she does with Rensain.~

Maybe I can do this.

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 pm

*Rensain glanced down at the floor because Amarra was looking and then he looked up and kept his head straight. He continued to count as they began to move slowly around the dance floor. With a small smirk of satisfaction Rensain guides Amarra until they get halfway around the room.*

"You're dancing.. you're already doing this."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 pm

~She laughs softly and shakes her head, still never taking her eyes off her feet.~

This is an empty room with no music, and we're going slowly. There's nothing to distract me... well, besides you. Doing these three steps without falling over is good, for me, but it's not dancing. Yet. Still, it's better than I've done before.

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 pm

*He laughed lightly at her words about them being in an empty room with no music.

"You are far too hard on yourself, my dear. You are used to the ocean not the land yet here you are. You're dancing with me, in a ballroom, music or no. I have an excellent student who learns well. I'm pleased..perhaps one day we will host our own masquerade balls here?"

*Rensain leaned down and affectionately kissed her cheek lightly.*

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:49 pm

~Amarra's laugh comes out sounding suspiciously like a snort.~

Don't threaten me.

~Her eyes are alight with amusement, even if he can't see them, as they're directed at the floor. She is quietly very pleased that she's managed so far without stepping on him or tripping over him. These three steps are fairly simple, and getting easier the more she does them.~

Rensain Caladore

Post by Rensain Caladore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 pm

*Rensain laughed lightly.*

"Threaten you? Would I ever do such a thing?"

*He spun Amarra slightly as they came to the corner of the dance floor but none of the steps had changed. It remained a very uncomplicated simple waltz. He was enjoying this moment with Amarra immensely because he knew how she felt about dancing and the simple fact that she was attempting to do it regardless.*

"This is worth celebrating. I hope you'll join me for dinner this evening."

Amarra

Post by Amarra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:16 pm

~Amarra's gasp at the spin turns into a hiccup. Somehow, she has no idea how, she manages to keep her footing, and she's a little proud of herself for it.~

That wasn't fair. And yes, I have no doubt that you would threaten me, with any means at your disposal.

~Her words are laced with humor.~

I would be honored to join you for dinner, my Lord. I will have to change my gown, however. This one really is quite snug, and I'm afraid it will burst at the seams if I try to eat anything while wearing it.